Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A slow start

Sheesh, it's Tuesday already. Where are the days going?

After my last post, I had high hopes of accomplishing quite a few things on my sewing to-do list.

I only managed to finish one thing. Well, I guess it's really 4 things.


I finished and delivered four aprons for hospice.


Finishing this picnic quilt will be my goal for this week. Again.
(basting, quilting and binding needed)

I was slightly more successful with my harvesting. We had marinated/grilled eggplant, squash and peppers for several meals.

I also discovered that I had LOTS of green beans hiding in my garden.

From this batch, I froze 4 quart size bags of garden fresh, super yummy green beans. (More of them would have made it to the freezer if I hadn't been snacking!)

I've also put up a couple pints of tomatoes and 5 pints of Bread & Butter Pickles.

A little slow on the sewing, but a great start on canning season.


2 comments:

jillytacy said...

Sounds like you've been very busy with the garden. Hopefully you'll get more sewing time as the week progresses.

Liz said...

Wow - you've been busy!